Friday, March 2, 2012

'Thousandaire'



"I'm at a very frustrating point in my career because I'm not a millionaire. Like, people assume because you're in movies or TV, you're rich. I'm not rich, but I'm far from broke. I'm what you call a 'thousandaire.'" - Aries Spears from Comedy Central


I love this quote because it is all in how you look at life.  I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, and clothing on my back.  It isn't a mansion or even a 4,000 sq ft home.  I don't eat lobster, steak, or fugu fish on even a monthly basis.  I don't wear Prada, Gucci, or even own a Coach purse (maybe someday).  My family vacations consist of driving to see relatives and exploring the place where they live, and camping.  I have never seen a cruise ship or been to an all inclusive resort.  Sometimes these things bother me.  I should have married better,  I should have saved more,  I should have never taken out this loan.  But when I sit back and look at all I do have, and the fact that I can pay my bills, that I love my husband, and I have a great family, I don't regret most things a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment