Friday, July 22, 2011

Anyone Can Shop Aldi

I couldn't resist snapping a shot of a Hummer in the Aldi's parking lot.

So I haven't posted for a few days but here is an update on what I've been spending.
Tuesday I went to the Party store to get table clothes for my daughters 4-H group and I ended up also buying the costume that my son has been wanting.  I ended up spending $24.84. My mom is making some curtains for my daughter's room, so I bought decorative curtain rods for $10.18.  I stopped at the gas station while we were out and I had a $.69 freezy drink and my daughter got an expensive shake for about $2.50, and our total was $3.23.  I also went to the grocery store and spent $10.20 on pork steak and 2 gallons of juice.  
Through out the work week I also spent another $4 at the vending machines.
Today I went to Aldi Foods:
12pk cherry cola $2.69 plus $.60 deposit
crescent rolls 2 @ $1.49 each or $2.98
skim milk $2.79
large eggs $1.19
trail mix 4 @ $.49 each or $1.96
taco mix $.39
baby carrots $1.19
meat stick $.89
ingredients to help make an ugly cake (pictures to follow Sunday):
starburst $2.25
Fudge brownie mix 2 @ $1.29 each or $2.58
Total with tax $25.73

Total for the week is $107.77.  Wow, more than I thought it would be when added.  I did have $39.30 in overage from the last two weeks so I would have $109.30 to spend this week if I add that in so I'm not over in these 3 weeks.  I still plan on going to Costco because I really need toilet paper, and I really hope they have the Kirkland frappuccino because they have been out for weeks.  I also need to buy Tampax and Always pads, and I hope I can resist everything else.  I would like to buy some cheerios and yogurt but I think I could get both of them cheaper.  Tomorrow will also be a busy day so I'm not sure how it will work, but I hope to keep the cost low there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment